Headlines Of The Day
Prasar Bharati sets up online portal for submission of new program proposal
Prasar Bharati is receiving proposals from rights holders/producers/production houses offering their programs under various acquisition modes like revenue share, outside sponsorship and commissioning through letters and emails.
2. Prasar Bharati has made an online portal public which will serve as single window for submission of new programs under revenue share, outside sponsorship and commissioning mode. Proposals for new programs received through other modes shall not be considered.
3. The proposals can be submitted in any of the languages for which option is given in the portal (https://cap.prasarbharati.org). Further offerer is required to provide the DD Channel for which the offer is made. At present, following DD Channels are in operation.
4. The proposals under the above specified category will be processed as per the guidelines in force for the category.
5. The higher priority will be given for acquisition of programs under outside sponsorship and revenue share. The programs will be commissioned for a channel under PB budgetary support only if they are in the category of National significance/iconic/strategic importance and they are found commercially viable by Prasar Bharati. Prasar Bharati may also commission a program if it is found to be of high content value or in public interest with full budget support in exceptional cases.
6. The proposals submitted in the portal will be evaluated quarterly.
7. Communication will be made to the offerers only through the emails. The offerers may contact PB Content Sourcing Section at the email [email protected]
8. The offerer will be permitted to submit only one proposal till a decision is taken in respect of that proposal i.e. at a given time, there will be only one active proposal from one offerer.