Bengali Children’s Channel Set To Launch In India

The channel, conducting test transmissions currently, will broadcast free-to-air from Insat 4a satellite, located at 83 degrees East, according to local publication Indian Television.

Before Rongeen TV, Sony Yay  has been the only children’s channel in India to broadcast with a Bengali audio feed.

In 2017, audience measurement organization BARC India found 13% of children aged between 2 and 14 watched children’s TV channels, while the remaining 87% viewed content on general entertainment or movie channels. The latter, in part, was a consequence of so many households having only one television set.

By 2018, time spent by children in India watching kids’ channels had increased to 20%.

The drive to localizing content in India across all genres has seen an increase in local language feeds for children’s channels. Last year, for example, Turner India’s introduced its channel Cartoon Network HD+ with Hindi, Tamil and Telugu feeds along with English.―Rapid TV News

Share this:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

96 − 88 =

Stay Updated on Broadcast and CableSat.
Receive our Daily Newsletter.