The “Active Optical Cable Market Forecast and Analysis 2022-2026” report has been added to Technavio’s offering. With ISO 9001:2015 certification, Technavio is proudly partnering with more than 100 Fortune 500 companies for over 16 years. The potential growth difference for the active optical cable market between 2021 and 2026 is USD 5.78 billion, as per the latest market analysis report by Technavio. The report predicts the market to witness an accelerating growth momentum at a CAGR of 25.93%. Technavio categorizes the global active optical cable market as a part of the global consumer electronics market within the global household durables market. One of the key factors driving growth in the active optical cable market is the expansion of data centers. The adoption of 5G networks is an active optical cable market trend that is expected to have a positive impact in the coming years. However, the complexities involved in wired communication networks will be a major challenge for the active optical cable market during the forecast period.
Key market segment highlights:
The active optical cable market report is segmented by End-user (data center, consumer electronics, high performance computing, telecommunication, and others) and Geography (APAC, North America, Europe South America, and Middle East and Africa.
- Revenue-generating Segment Highlights: The active optical cable market share growth in the data center segment will be significant during the forecast period. The increased operating expense (OPEX) through large power consumption and carbon emissions is expected to lead to more consolidation during the forecast period. Many enterprises are involved in the consolidation of the existing facilities by moving their operations to data centers, which is increasing the demand for active optical cable, which is, in turn, expected to drive the growth of the global active optical cable market during the forecast period.
- Regional Opportunities: 55% of the market’s growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China, South Korea, and Japan are the key markets for active optical cable in APAC. Market growth in this region will be slower than the growth of the market in the North American, MEA, and European regions. The increasing number of telecom subscribers and the deployment of active optical cable in the communication sector will facilitate the active optical cable market growth in APAC over the forecast period.
Key market vendor landscape
The active optical cable market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as focusing on launching new and innovative products, cost-effective production cycles, and technological developments to compete in the market. This statistical study of the active optical cable market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The active optical cable market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies. To make the most of the opportunities and recover from the pandemic impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
Some companies mentioned with their offerings
- 3M Co.: The company offers active optical cable which is lightweight, flexible, and routable, thus designed with high-performance computing clusters and high-speed servers.
- Amphenol Corp.: The company offers Active optical cables which are characterized by low power consumption, small size, and high reliability, thus designed to increase the capacity of data centers, improve port density and reduce power consumption.
- Broadcom Inc.: The company offers CXP2 AOC active fiber optic cable which is permanently embedded into each end for applications with predictable and consistent link distance needs, thus providing generations of optical connectivity at data rates up to 100 gegabytes per second and link distances up to 100 meters.
- Emcore Corp.: The company offers 120 gega byte per second CXP active optical, thus designed for high-performance computing, high-end ethernet routers, and switch applications that can reach up to 100 meters with an exceptionally low bit error rate.
- Fujitsu Ltd.: The company offers 100 gega bytes per second multi-mode QSFP28 Active optical cable which is cost efficient and has four channel optical transceiver, thus designed for high-speed data transmission.
- Hitachi Ltd.
- International Business Machines Corp.
- II VI Inc.
- Koch Industries Inc.
- Leoni AG
- Lumentum Holdings Inc.
- Optomind Inc
- SANWA DENKI KOGYO Co.Ltd.
- Sopto Technology Co. Ltd.
- Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.
- TE Connectivity Ltd.
- The Siemon Co.
- Yangtze Optical Fibre and Cable Joint Stock Ltd. Co.