Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 9, 2019, launched a dedicated 24×7 Satellite channel, ‘DD Arunprabha’ for Arunachal Pradesh during his visit to Arunachal Pradesh, Assam and Tripura.
DD Arunprabha is the Doordarshan’s second channel for the northeastern region; DD Northeast was the first one. The channel will familiarise people across India with the beauty and the culture of the State.
On the same occasion, PM Modi also laid the foundation stone of Film and Television Institute (FTI), to be developed in Jote, Arunachal Pradesh.
• DD Arunprabha is the 24th satellite channel operated by Doordarshan.
• It is equipped with modern facilities including a Digital Satellite News Gathering unit to provide live coverage from remote locations for 24×7 telecast.
• DDK Itanagar’s playout facility and the earth stations will ensure seamless transmission of DD Arunprabha.
• It will showcase the rich tradition and diversity of local culture of the state.
• Despite integrating North-East with the country, It will bring alive the magnificence of North-East by airing content sensitive to the needs and aspirations of local population such as news, travelogues, documentaries, films, reality shows, etc.
Film and Television Institute (FTI)
• The permanent campus of Film and Television Institute will come up at Jollang-Rakap (Jote), Papum Pare, Arunachal Pradesh. It will be the first Film and Television Institute of entire North-East.
• This will the third Film and Television Institute of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, the first two being FTII Pune and SRFTI Kolkata.
• It will provide a boost to the talented youngsters of the North-East in film and television sector.
• The Institute will be constructed at around 20 km from Itanagar at a total estimated cost of Rs. 204.32 crore.
• The project will be executed by Central Public Works Department (CPWD) and will be completed in 25 months time.
• It will comprise of Administrative Block, Class Room Block, Class Room Theatre, Academic Staff Block, Library, Preview Theatre, Mini Theatre, Shooting Floor, Digital Block, Sound Studio, Canteen, Residential Quarters, Boys Hostel, Girls Hostel, and Guest House.
• It will be constructed with organic design philosophy, ensuring minimum disturbance to natural topography.
• For its construction, the National Building Code 2016 norms, Accessible India Campaign features and other statutory norms will be followed.
• It will have several green features including Sewage Treatment Plant of 150 kiloletres per day capacity to ensure a zero discharge building, 300 KW solar panels, street lighting with LED lamps, etc.―Jagran Josh