HIGHLIGHTS OF QUARTERS (Q1 – FY 2020-21) PERFORMANCE OF RJIL
|Standalone Financials (₹ crore)||1Q’ 20-21||1Q’ 19-20||YoY Growth|
|Value of Services||19,513||14,593||33.7%|
➢ Standalone revenue from operations, including access revenues, of ₹ 16,557 crore
➢ Standalone EBITDA of ₹ 7,281 crore and EBITDA margin of 44.0%, up from 37.8% in 1Q FY19-20
➢ Standalone Net Profit of ₹ 2,520 crore (182.8% YoY growth)
➢ Total Customer base as on 30th June 2020 of 398.3 million
➢ ARPU during the quarter of ₹ 140.3 per subscriber per month
➢ Total wireless data traffic during the quarter of 1,420 crore GB (30.2% YoY growth)
➢ Total voice traffic during the quarter of 88,944 crore minutes (13.2% YoY growth)
Commenting on the results, Shri Mukesh D. Ambani, Chairman and Managing Director, Reliance Industries Limited said: “Jio started with a vision of connecting everything by building a robust and secure wireless and digital network and extending the benefits of digital connectivity to everyone in India. Thirteen investors, which include the largest technology companies and investors globally, now share a common vision with us.
Jio Platforms Limited with partnerships across promising Indian start-ups and globally renowned technology companies is set to drive the next leg of hyper growth for digital businesses. Our growth strategy is aimed at meeting the needs of all the 1.3 billion Indians. We remain focused on playing a leading role India’s transformation into a Digital Society.”
Jio Platforms Limited concludes fund-raising exercise with marquee list of investors
- Jio Platforms Limited has raised ₹ 152,056 crore across thirteen investors which includes Facebook, Google, Silver Lake, Vista Equity Partners, General Atlantic, KKR, Mubadala, ADIA, TPG, L Catterton, Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia, Intel Capital and Qualcomm Ventures.
- Reliance Industries, post completion of these investments, would hold 66.48% equity stake in Jio Platforms on a fully diluted basis.
- Of the total investment, Jio Platforms Limited has already received ₹ 115,694 crore as subscription amount from ten investors. ₹ 22,981 crore will be retained at Jio Platforms to drive future growth.
- The investment process has been concluded with an investment of ₹ 33,737 crore by Google for 7.73% equity stake on fully diluted basis.
- Jio Platforms and Google have also entered into a commercial agreement to jointly develop an entry level affordable smartphone with optimizations to the Android operating system and the Play Store.
Jio Platforms Limited – An Integrated Tech Platform to serve a Billion Indians
- Total Customer base as of 30th June 2020 was 398.3 million.
- Strong wireless gross addition of 15.1 million during the quarter despite Covid related restrictions across the country.
- Monthly churn rate for wireless subscribers at only 0.46% during the quarter.
- Customer engagement has increased during the quarter with national lockdown driving average wireless data consumption per user per month to 12.1 GB and average voice consumption to 756 minutes per user per month.
- Jio Platforms has rolled out India’s first and only cloud-based video-conferencing app, JioMeet during the quarter. Within few days of launch JioMeet has been downloaded by more than 5 million users.
- JioMeet was used as a digital platform to host the 43rd AGM of Reliance Industries Limited virtually. During this event, JioMeet had 3.2 lakh concurrent users across 42 countries and 468 cities making it one of the largest shareholder meetings in the world.
- MyGov Corona Helpdesk powered by JioHaptik is the Indian government’s official WhatsApp chatbot helpline to address FAQs on Covid-19. Over 30 million citizens have used it in the last 3 months, and it has also received 2 awards at CogX AI Summit London.
- EasyGov platform integrated with MyJio and JioPhone enabled 14 million eligibility checks for Atmanirbhar Bharat Scheme and other schemes for migrant labour and farmers.
- Jio has enabled e-learning across its digital platforms – JioTV (65 channels), JioSaavn (1,100 podcasts) and Jio Set-top box (21 applications). Apart from multiple content providers Jio has also collaborated with MoHRD, NCERT and Seven State Governments for this initiative. FTTH services see pent-up demand due to lockdown
FTTH services see pent-up demand due to lockdown
- The process of converting initial test users to paid-plans is largely complete with more than 1 million home users connected with Jio FTTH services.
- Average usage across the user base has witnessed a significant increase due to work from home and learn from home.
- JioTV+ with a single sign-in process will make it easier for the Jio set-top box users to access content across different OTT platforms without separate logins. JioTV+ brings together content from all the Jio media & entertainment applications along with other leading third-party content providers like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Hotstar, Sony LIV, Zee5 and many more.
- Our rollout of services for large enterprises continues. Jio’s enterprise-grade voice and data services in combination with cloud-based solutions would bring digitisation of Indian SMEs at par with large connected enterprises. Innovation and Enhancement in the Largest Distribution and Service Network.
Innovation and Enhancement in the Largest Distribution and Service Network
- Reliance Retail is the master distributor for Jio services across mobility and FTTH. Reliance Retail manages a pan-India distribution channel of over 1 million retailers for customer acquisition and selling recharges.
- Jio has launched the Jio POS-Lite application to create a convenient alternative channel for our subscribers to recharge, purchase a new connection or port into Jio network. This peer to peer recharging application has had very healthy traction and minimised the impact of lockdown on recharge cycle of Jio subscribers.
- Our best-in-class self-service application, MyJio has been continuously enhanced with incremental features and integration of mini-apps like JioTV, JioSaavn, JioCinema, JioNews, JioMeet, JioHealthHub, JioEngage, JioCloud, EasyGov, JioMoney, JioTogether, AJIO, Reliance Digital, UPI and Stories.
Strong Financial Performance
- Jio has reported strong Revenue and EBITDA growth driven by sustained subscriber momentum and ARPU improvement.
- Quarterly operating revenue for RJIL increased 33.7% YoY to ₹ 16,557 crore with EBITDA margin of 44%.
- Strong EBITDA growth of 55.4% YoY to ₹ 7,281 crore drives net profit to ₹ 2,520 crore during the quarter (growth of 183% YoY). BCS Bureau