CTV ad fraud at 19% according to Pixalate report
Pixalate, the market-leading fraud protection, privacy, and compliance analytics platform for Connected TV (CTV) and Mobile Advertising, today released the Q2 2022 Invalid Traffic Benchmarks Report, a comprehensive examination of the global state of ad fraud in the first half of 2022 in the top two CTV (Roku, Amazon Fire TV) and mobile (Apple, Google) app stores.
Global CTV Ad Fraud Reaches 19%
- 19% global CTV ad fraud rate in Q2 2022, up from 14% in Q2 2021
- Invalid traffic rates were 16% on Roku devices and 17% on Amazon Fire TV devices
- 2x more ad fraud in Q2 2022 on Roku apps without app-ads.txt vs. with a pp-ads.txt
Global Mobile Ad Fraud Hits 28%, Even Higher in U.S.
- 28% mobile in-app ad fraud rate in Q2 2022
- Apps on the Apple App Store had a higher ad fraud rate than apps on the Google Play Store apps in Q2 2022 (32% vs. 26%)
- USA traffic has the highest rate of mobile in-app ad fraud (35%) among the top 10 countries based on ad volume