The Cloud DVR Market Share is expected to increase by USD 8.65 billion from 2020 to 2025, with an accelerated CAGR of 21.5%- according to the recent market study by Technavio.
Hybrid Cloud DVR Held the Largest Market Share
- The cloud DVR market share growth by the hybrid segment will be significant during the forecast period.
- This segment is gaining traction in the global cloud DVR market, through which one can access the Internet, store publish-on-demand (POD) content and can get access to over-the-top (OTT) services.
- The rapid growth of the market by hybrid cloud DVR is further supported by the need to spend time with family in the current fast-paced world.
APAC is Expected to Hold a Significant Share of the Market
- 46% of the market’s growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. Japan and China are the key markets for cloud DVR in APAC.
- The TV viewing behavior of people in the US, Canada, and Mexico is evolving significantly. The demand for time-shifted TV content is higher in these countries.
- These countries also have a high presence of cloud DVR vendors, owing to the availability of a larger base of the target audience, which will facilitate the cloud DVR market growth in APAC over the forecast period.
- AT and T Inc.- The company offers cloud DVR service. The major business segments include- Communications and WarnerMedia.
- Cisco Systems Inc.- The company offer different types of DVR such as multi-room DVR, network DVR, and cloud DVR.
- DISH Network Corp.- The company offers cloud DVR under the brand name of hopper duo. The major business segments include- Pay-Tv and Wireless