ATSC standards update: Several new documents published
Various updates to ATSC’s bylaws have been approved and published. The intent of the changes was to address three issues:
- Alignment with B/03. The bylaws were out of alignment with B/03, “Operational Procedures for Technology Groups and Subcommittees,” which was recently revised to change how non-employee representatives with authority to vote identify their role as voter. The new version of the bylaws brings the two documents into alignment.
- New member review period. Previously, a 5-business day review period was granted to the Board to raise an objection to an application for a new voting member. The updated version of the bylaws allows for an optional additional 5 business days for review.
- Officer vacancies and January bridge. Based on a strict reading of previous the bylaws, one could conclude that ATSC does not have any officers from January 1 until the first board meeting of the new year, when the officers are elected. Other corner-cases existed, such as filling an officer vacancy. The new version of the bylaws addresses these issues.
In addition to the updated bylaws, three other ATSC documents have been updated since the last issue of The Standard. All are corrigenda that clarify certain elements of the documents.
- A/325 Corrigendum No. 1. The current version of the document is A/325:2023-04, “ATSC 3.0 PHY Lab Performance Test Plan.”
- A/326 Corrigendum No. 1. The current version of the document is A/326:2023-04, “ATSC 3.0 Field Test Plan.”
- A/72 Part 1 Corrigendum No. 1. The current version of the document is A/72-1:2023-04, “Video System Characteristics of AVC in the ATSC Digital Television System.”