The Asia Video Industry Association (AVIA)’s marquee event of the year for the video industry, the Asia Video Summit, returns with a bang to wrap up a tumultuous year for media with five component events spread over two weeks and running the gamut of virtual, physical and hybrid.
Kicking off this year’s Asia Video Summit will be the annual Policy Roundtable to be held on 11 November, which brings industry legal and policy experts together with regulatory officials from jurisdictions across the Asia Pacific region, for a closed-door discussion on the latest policies and regulations that impact the video industry today. This year’s Policy Roundtable will be a hybrid event, with AVIA’s Singapore based members gathering in person, and joined by over 50 delegates and regulators virtually.
On 12 November, AVIA will host the virtual State of Piracy Summit, the companion event focusing on streaming pirated services. With streaming piracy the single biggest competitive threat to the industry, investing in anti-piracy measures should become the new ‘cost of doing business’. The 2021 State of Piracy Summit will be an opportunity to hear from recognised international authorities as they discuss proven and effective strategies which disrupt and curb streaming piracy and how these can be employed for greatest effect.
The Main Event of the Asia Video Summit will take place as a virtual conference on 16 – 17 November, bringing together over 150 speakers and more than 1000 industry delegates from around the world to assess the State of the Video Industry today. Over two days, the Main Event will provide a comprehensive view, and the knowledge and know-how, to survive and thrive in the video industry – from Content Creation to the State of Linear and Streaming, the growing importance of Advertising, and the underpinning of Technology that is taking the video industry forward.
Key speakers at the event include:
- Youngsun Soh, GM, Korea, Regional Head of Digital Business Development, A+E Networks • Euan Smith, Group COO and CEO, TV, Astro
- Phil Hardman, SVP & General Manager, Asia, BBC Studios
- Jeeyoung Lee, SVP of Asia-Pacific Content Strategy, GM Japan and Korea, Discovery Inc • Gaurav Banerjee, President & Head Content, Disney+ Hotstar & HSM Entertainment Network • Rina Azcuna-Siongco, Head – GET Entertained Tribe, Globe Telecom
- Kuek Yu-Chuang, VP International Business, iQiyi
- Gavin Buxton, MD Asia, Magnite
- Parminder Singh, Chief Commercial and Digital Officer, Mediacorp
- Erik Matti, Director and Co-Founder, Reality Entertainment
- Felix To, Chief of Viu Original, PCCW Media
- Mitch Waters, SVP of South-East Asia, Australia and New Zealand, The Trade Desk • Dean Wadsworth, VP Technology, ViacomCBS Australia and New Zealand
- Tina Arwin, Chief Content Officer, Vidio
- Kurt Rieder, Head of Theatrical Distribution – APAC, WarnerMedia
Wrapping up the event calendar this year on 18 November will be two physical events, both in Singapore and Hong Kong, bringing together industry peers, friends, and colleagues for the first time in two years.
Louis Boswell, CEO AVIA, said, “Planning a series of conferences in a Covid year has been anything but challenging. But we believe we have ended up with a strong series of events that make up the Asia Video Summit, and we look forward to seeing you online or in person.”
The Asia Video Summit is proudly brought to you by Lead Sponsor Create Hong Kong (CreateHK) of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Gold Sponsors Bitmovin, Brightcove, Discovery, Gracenote, InMobi, iWedia, TV5MONDE, Viaccess-Orca, Viu, WarnerMedia, Xandr, YouTube Silver Sponsors AsiaSat, Baker McKenzie, BBC Studios, Broadpeak, Dolby, Intelsat, InvestHK, INVIDI, Irdeto,
JW Player, Limelight, Magnite, MEASAT, MediaKind, Netflix, PubMatic, SES, SmartLabs, Synamedia, Zixi. BCS Bureau