The annual marquee event of the Asian video industry, the Asia Video Summit, will return as a full hybrid event this year on 1-2 November 2022, with physical events in both Hong Kong and Singapore, as well as a live stream of all sessions to be made available on its interactive event platform.
The Asia Video Summit is organized by Asia Video Industry Association (AVIA) with Create Hong Kong of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region as the Lead Sponsor. The aim of the Asia Video Summit (Summit) is to tell a holistic story of the state of the video industry, looking at all aspects of it and articulated by its decision makers, to provide its delegates with a comprehensive view of the state of the video industry today.
In the post-COVID-19 era, media and entertainment companies have been the darlings of Wall Street. This narrative has recently changed, however, and arguably irrational exuberance has given way to irrational pessimism. But is the streaming business model fundamentally flawed, or is this just a recalibration in an era of inflation and post-pandemic trauma? How do the trajectories of investment vs monetization balance each other? And where does Asia sit compared to other parts of the world? Do subscriber numbers foretell a golden period of growth in Asia that can counter negative narratives from the West?
At this year’s Summit, we will be speaking to the people who are determining the future of the video industry in Asia. Besides the State and Future of the Video Industry, we will also explore the growing role and Advance of Advertising, the technology Behind the Customer Experience, a detailed look at the role of News and Sports today and the burning topic of Environmental Sustainability.
Some of the key speakers of the Summit include:
- Saugato Banerjee, Managing Director Asia, A+E Networks
- Johan Buse, Chief, Consumer Business Group, StarHub
- Kirana Chew, Deputy Director, Planning & Business Development, Strategic Content Group, True Corporation
- Vivek Couto, Executive Director, Media Partners Asia
- James Gibbons, President & Managing Director, Western Pacific, Warner Bros. Discovery
- Phil Hardman, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Asia, BBC Studios
- Nicholas John, Vice President, Head of Sports, Astro
- Manish Kalra, Chief Business Officer, ZEE5
- Mike Kerr, Managing Director Asia, beIN Asia Pacific
- Sidd Mantri, Head of Product – Developing Markets, Disney Streaming
- Vignesh Narayanan, Chief Executive Officer, Airtel Ads
- Parminder Singh, Chief Commercial Officer & Chief Digital Officer, Mediacorp
- Jay Yang, Chief Executive Officer, TVING
- Nini Yusof, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Media Prima Television Networks