The online streaming services market is fragmented. Vendors are deploying growth strategies such as offering advanced products or expanding their businesses to new regions to compete in the market.
The online streaming services market size is expected to grow by USD 191.72 from 2020 to 2025. In addition, the growth momentum of the market will accelerate at a CAGR of 18.74% during the forecast period.
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., Amazon.com Inc., Baidu Inc., Balaji Telefilms Ltd., ErosSTX Global Corp., iflix Ltd., Netflix Inc., Spotify Technology SA, Tencent Holdings Ltd., and The Walt Disney Co., among others, are the main players in the market. The key offerings of some of these vendors are listed below:
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. – The company offers an online streaming service named Tmall Box Office.
- Amazon.com Inc. – The company offers online streaming services such as Prime Video and Amazon Music.
- Baidu Inc. – The company offers online streaming services through its subsidiary, JOYY INC.
- Netflix Inc. – The company offers online streaming services such as TV shows, movies, and others.
- Spotify Technology SA – The company offers online streaming services such as podcasts, songs, and more.