Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar, Zee5 and several other over-the-top (OTT) platforms have become popular over the year in India. When the COVID-19 pandemic hit last year and multiplexes and cinema halls had to be shut down because of the pandemic, apart from television people had these OTT platforms to turn to for new exciting contents.
In this regard, there is a piece of information that the OTT lovers will find interesting – OTT Park will soon be opened in Maharashtra.
An OTT media service is a media service that offers service directly to the viewers by means of the internet. The platform OTT in lockdown has surpassed multiplexes and cinema halls. Now, to promote the same sector, OTT Park will soon open in Maharashtra – just like IT Park in Bengaluru.
Zee Business reporter Ekta Suri has reported about the opening of OTT Park in Maharashtra, similar to the IT park in Bengaluru. However, the only difference between them is that the OTT Park in Maharashtra will promote the content of the OTT and not the software.
The OTT fans must note some important facts about the OTT Park coming up in Maharashtra. They are as follows:
1) The Maharashtra government will come up with a variety of SOPs to promote the OTT platforms
2) Post production units such as editing, visual and sound effects will be promoted in this OTT park
3) The state government is also considering to introduce OTT related technology in the upcoming IT policy, so that the OTT industry gets a variety of exemptions
4) OTT parks will be like townships, where players will be given any more exemptions such as relaxation in Floor space index, relaxation of stamp duty
5) Like Film city, the production house will be rented out in OTT Park where they will be able to do post production at an easily lower rate
6) The Maharashtra government will provide infra sport to the growing OTT sector as revenue and job generation from this sector is increasing day by day. ZeeBiz