Results have been announced for Prasar Bharati’s 4th annual 58th e-auction.
The bid amount totaled to Rs 645.15 crore as compared to the previous e-auction, of Rs 731.34 crore from sale of 57 MPEG-2 slots of DD Free Dish. The 11.78 percent decline in revenue may be attributed to the no bid from Star Utsav, Zee Anmol, Sony Pal, and Colors Rishtey in Bucket A; Star Utsav Movies, Sony Wah, Maha Movie, and Bflix Movie in Bucket A+; Dabangg and Abzy Dhakad in Bucket B.
In anticipation of the implementation of the New Tariff Order (NTO) 2.0, these channels worried about the flight of customers from pay distribution platforms to DD Free Dish 18 pulled out their respective popular channels from the bouquets offered to Free Dish. This will also help increase their average revenue per user (ARPU). However, they have kept their other channels on the platform.
Terms and conditions include:
- Prasar Bharati reserve the rights to accept/reject/cancel/amend the e-Auction/slot at any time during the e-Auction or after e-Auction.
- For unsuccessful bidders, participation fee will be refunded within three weeks after the declaration of the results of e-auction.
- After the successful conduct of e-auction: A Letter of Allotment will be issued by Prasar Bharati to the successful bidder along with the payment schedule for payment of bid amount and prescribed format of agreement to be signed between Prasar Bharati & bidder.
- Every successful bidder will be required to sign an Agreement with Prasar Bharati in two original copies within 15 days of issue of Letter of Allotment. The prescribed format of the Agreement is available on the website https://prasarbharati.gov.in.
- Successful channels will be placed on vacant Logical Channel Numbers (LCNs) of DD Free Dish. After completion of e-auction, successful channel may apply giving three options in the order of preference for allotment of LCN. However, this does not guarantee for placement of successful channel on preferences given for LCN. All such requests shall be considered by Prasar Bharati in accordance with prescribed procedure for allotment allotment/change of LCN to private TV channels, which is available on the website https: //prasarbharati.gov.in. Prasar Bharati’s decision in this regard shall be final.
- Successful bidders shall be required to make payments in ten (10) monthly instalments as per payment schedule prescribed under clause (5) of the policy guidelines for allotment of DD Free Dish slots which will also be part of Letter of Allotment. Each instalment will be 1/10 of difference of bid amount and participation fee.
- In case of any instalments not paid within the scheduled dates, a notice to this effect shall be issued to the defaulter to deposit the payment due along with interest @ 14.5% per annum, as provided in clause 5.3 of policy guidelines, within seven days. Interest @ 14.5% per annum shall be charged from the due date of payment. The interest shall be charged for the entire month for a payment default of seven days or part thereof. In case the instalment due along with the interest is not paid within seven days from its scheduled due date, the Participation Fee along with any instalment already deposited by the Broadcaster/Channel till that date, will be forfeited and the channel will be discontinued from DD Free Dish Platform without any further notice and the channel will have no right to be carried on DD Free Dish on vacated slot.
- Successful channel will be placed on DD Free Dish after receipt of payment for 1st instalment of carriage fee. In case the Channel Provider fails to place its channel on its allocated slot within one month of the allotment commencement date, the allotment shall stand cancelled automatically and the Participation Fee along with any instalment already deposited shall be forfeited.
- In case the Channel Provider withdraws his channel prematurely or terminates the contract prematurely the Participation Fee shall be forfeited along with any instalment already deposited
- Successful Channels will be required to arrange their own IRD Box in advance at DTH Earth Station, Todapur, New Delhi, to place their Channel on DD Free Dish Platform.