AJA Video Systems has unveiled Io X3, a Thunderbolt™ 3-connected professional video and audio I/O device that offers HDR or SDR 2K/HD capture and output via 3G-SDI and HDMI. Compact, rugged, and portable, Io X3 streamlines high-quality HDR I/O up to 2K/HD 60p on compatible Thunderbolt™ 3-equipped Mac or PC hosts running professional video and audio applications.
Whether working remotely, on-set, or in a studio, Io X3 provides a powerful mobile solution for single-, dual-, and multi-channel SDI workflows, offering pristine 2K/HD/SD I/O with HDR directly from any modern laptop or computer. Lightning fast, flexible, and whisper-quiet, Io X3 is an ideal capture and output device for a range of production environments, including high-end color grading, audio mixing, on-set monitoring, or playback, and remote editorial and VFX. With four independent inputs for workflows with OBS and Wirecast, together with simultaneous MultiView monitoring for each source, Io X3 is also a perfect fit for streaming workflows.
Io X3 features eight switchable analog audio ports, allowing users to shift between eight channels in or out, or split connectivity between four inputs and four outputs, in addition to a 3.5 analog audio connection to plug in headphones directly. Up to 16-channel audio is included on each SDI port, and 8-channels on HDMI. Compact and rackmountable, Io X3 devices can easily be placed side by side in a rack for studio, mobile truck, or video assist needs, allowing users to benefit from up to eight channels of up to 2K/HD/SD I/O in a 1RU.
Io X3 feature highlights include:
- Dual Thunderbolt™ 3 USB-C ports connect with modern Mac or PC laptops and desktop workstations and support daisy chain functionality
- HDR support across SDI and HDMI ports
- Four 3G-SDI bi-directional connections support single-, dual-, or multi-link workflows up to 2K/HD p60 YCbCr 10-bit or p30 RGB 12-bit
- HDMI 1.4b I/O up to 2K/HD p60 YCbCr 10-bit or p30 RGB 12-bit I/O; HDR via 2.0 spec implementation
- MultiViewer functionality for displaying up to four inputs for streaming workflows on a single HDMI reference monitor
- The latest macOS Monterey and Windows 11 support and compatibility across both Apple M1 chip or Intel based systems
- Optional rackmount kit for efficient rack mounting of two devices side by side, enabling up to eight channels of HD I/O in 1RU
- Eight-channel analog audio I/O via DB25 connection
- Analog audio ports are switchable between input and output, enabling users to swap between eight channels in or out, or split connectivity between four inputs and four outputs
- Up to 16-channels of embedded audio on each SDI port, and up to 8-channels on HDMI
- 3.5mm stereo analog audio connection for headphones
- Dedicated reference, TLC input, and LTC output connections
- RS-422 control port for tape-based workflows
- Runs quiet for critical monitoring environments where silence is required
- Includes proven AJA drivers and software plug-ins, with support for Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Cloud, Avid Media Composer, Telestream Wirecast, OBS, and many others
- Three-year AJA warranty and industry-leading technical support
“Today’s production environments demand increased content volume with fast turnaround, and the predominance of HD-centric workflows require flexible tools to support timely delivery of that material,” shared Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. “Io X3 simplifies complexities of video and audio workflows by providing teams with an affordable and high-quality solution for Thunderbolt™ 3-connected I/O on SDI and HDMI or multichannel I/O over SDI, helping video professionals at home, on site or in studio work more efficiently and with greater ease.” BCS Bureau